Sunflower Kindergarten Lead Teacher
As an early childhood educator, Rachel feels it is equally important to work with parents and provide them with the same nurturing, guidance, and warmth!
- Master of Education in Early Childhood Waldorf Education. Antioch University New England, NH
- Bachelor of Arts Cum Laude in Foreign Languages and Literatures, French. Colorado State University, CO
- Puppetry and Story Arts Certificate, Juniper Tree Puppets
- Large Center Director License, State of Colorado
- Initial Colorado Teacher License, K-12 French Endorsement
- Nurturing the Roots: Advanced Therapeutic Course for Early Childhood Educators
- WECAN Hand Gesture, Movement & Speech Workshop
- French Teacher. Loveland High School, CO
- Lead Teacher & Director. Denver Waldorf School Offsite Nursery Program, CO
- Simplicity Parenting Family Life Coach
Rachel Nielsen began her journey with Waldorf education as a toddler in Connecticut in a playgroup that eventually became the Housatonic Valley Waldorf School. This experience rooted itself deeply in Rachel’s being, carrying its lessons with her throughout a public school education. While working on her B.A. in French and getting her teaching license at Colorado State University, Rachel brought games and songs during Circle Time and it was always the highlight of her week. It was this experience that sparked the thought of becoming a Waldorf Early Childhood Teacher. Rachel taught French at Loveland High School for one year before completing Waldorf training. Mentoring by master teachers allowed Rachel to gain incredible insight before becoming the lead teacher and director of an off-site nursery program for Denver Waldorf School.
As an early childhood educator, Rachel feels it is equally important to work with parents and provide them with the same nurturing, guidance, and warmth! Her other big passion is for puppetry and storytelling; bringing story and puppet shows to the children and watching them delight in the wonder and magic of it all. Rachel has called the Colorado Front Range her home for over a decade and is excited to continue her work with Waldorf Education here at Boulder Valley Waldorf School.