Marigold Kindergarten Lead Teacher
Julie sees Waldorf methods as both revolutionary and traditional at the same time – sometimes simple traditions of human interaction can be revolutionary in this complicated world! Julie finds deep wisdom in observing nature’s quieter revelations. She encourages the young child to spend time in those moments.
- Early Childhood Waldorf Teacher Certificate. Sunbridge Institute
- M.Ed, Teaching and Learning with an emphasis in Waldorf Education. SUNY, Empire State College
- Bachelor of Science, Journalism. University of Kansas
- Afternoon Teacher, Early Childhood, Shining Mountain Waldorf School
- Lead Teacher, Early Childhood Program, Prairie Moon Waldorf School
Julie was born and raised in a small town in Kansas where her early days included running through the prairie grasses, looking for turtles, and playing outside “until the streetlights came on.”
Julie has studied Waldorf education for over 15 years since attending her first parent/child program. She has several years of class teaching, along with her strong understanding of child development and the Waldorf curriculum from her time at the Prairie Moon Waldorf School in Kansas. Julie finds joy in observing nature’s quieter revelations, and watching the young child spend time in those moments. She also enjoys fiber crafts, baking sourdough bread, and backcountry camping with her family.