Lavender Kindergarten Lead Teacher
Jennifer considers herself a life-long learner, deeply interested in expanding the potential of our kindergarten programs to continue to meet the unique and ever-changing needs of our young friends.
- Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education. Kent State University, OH
- Birth to Three Program. The Early Childhood Teacher Education Center at Sophia’s Hearth, Keene, NH
- Lifeways Early Childhood Certification with Cynthia Aldinger. East Troy, WI
- Waldorf Kindergarten Certification. Sunbridge Institute, Chestnut Ridge, NY
- Early Childhood Teacher. Denver Waldorf School, Denver, CO
- Early Childhood Teacher. River Song Waldorf School, Fort Collins, CO
Jennifer Powell-Palmer grew up in Ohio and completed her degree in Early Childhood Education from Kent State University. Jennifer trained first in public school, but discovered Waldorf education along the way and has since been teaching in a Waldorf setting. Now, Jen has nearly 2 decades of Waldorf teaching experience, including River Song in Fort Collins and the Denver Waldorf School. She says teaching in the kindergarten at Boulder Valley Waldorf School is her dream job, working with young children in a beautiful outdoor setting that allows for and supports the healthy physical, social emotional, and overall sensory development of the young child.
Jennifer loves being in a setting where she can see young families as they grow and develop along their journey through the school community and festival life. She considers herself a life-long learner, deeply interested in expanding the potential of our kindergarten programs to continue to meet the unique and ever-changing needs of our young friends. Outside of teaching at BVWS, Jen loves to hike, camp, garden, work and play in fiber arts with plants and plant dyes, as well as support the arts community, especially live music and dance.