3rd Grade Teacher 2021-22
An experienced teacher, mentor and consultant, Renee is excited to share her passion for mathematics with younger students. Renee and her students revel in fresh and lively experiences discovering patterns in nature and exploring through stories and physical activities. She is much loved by students and faculty at BVWS as she has been the substitute teacher here for 1st – 8th grades.
Renee is ready to delve into the grades curriculum, looking forward to connecting deeply with next year’s third graders as they continue their Waldorf educational journey. When students begin the third grade, they look at the world with new eyes, perceiving the world around them from an expanding perspective. Renee is excited to expand her capacities teaching, looking to integrate new verses, poems, songs and stories that begin the study of different ancient civilizations around the world as well as integrating many practical activities of shelter, clothing and farming.
- Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics Indiana University, Bloomington, IN
- Colorado Secondary Teaching Credential: Mathematics University of Colorado, Boulder
- Waldorf High School Teacher Certification with a Specialization in Mathematics Center for Anthroposophy, Wilton, NH
- Dawson School First Grade Summer School teaching math and literacy
- September High School Mathematics Teacher
- Mountain Phoenix Community School Middle School Mathematics Teacher, Mentor & Curriculum Director
- TARA Performing Arts High School Mathematics Teacher: Algebra, Geometry, Algebra II, Pre-Calculus, Calculus and Calculus II, SAT math prep
- Shining Mountain Waldorf School High School and Middle School Mathematics Teacher