Rebecca Franklin – 7th Grade Teacher 2022-23
Rebecca Franklin is dedicated to her students and to supporting their motivation and relationships in order to help them to reach happiness, independence, and potential. Arranging effective learning environments and breaking down the learning steps for individual growth is her specialty. Rebecca nurtures each learner’s curiosity in such a way that they find motivation to be life long learners – where Rebecca will learn too.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Master of Science in Special Education, Emphasis on ABA, Clarion University of Pennsylvania, PA
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- Intensive Autism Para-Educator in Middle School BVSD Classrooms
- Intensive Para-Educator in Elementary School BVSD Classrooms
- Bachelor of Science in Human Development, University of California Davis, CA, Child Life Specialist Internship
- Associate of Arts General Education, Shasta Community College Redding, CA
Rebecca engineers learning environments, develops appropriate curriculum in order to support social and academic behaviors. She arranges positive behavior support plans and motivational strategies, that nurture the whole individual. As a teacher, Rebecca has a lot of experience with students with autism or other different abilities. She has create Individualized Education Plans (IEP) for students. She enjoys partnering with parents, caregivers, and other supportive professionals including teachers, therapists, doctors and administrators to support learners.
Rebecca is excited to join the middle school team to make an impact in the day-to-day lives of BVWS middle schoolers. In her time away from the classroom, Rebecca enjoys being with her daughters, dog and cats. Water, dirt and fresh air are great ingredients to any of their adventures!
Back to all Faculty and Staff