First Grade Teacher 2021-22
Peter brings a wealth and diversity of life experience to his work as a Waldorf class teacher. He has been an elementary and middle school Waldorf Class teacher, Waldorf farm and garden educator with young students, worked in production farming, integrative elder care to include biodynamic vegetable growing, land and animal care, music and movement education, and even traditional Japanese miso making! Peter is excited to bring his genuine interest in life to his students in a way that sparks a special beauty and wonder.
- Foundation Studies, Biography and Social Art Training, Chestnut Ridge NY Farm Intern, Pfeiffer Center Chestnut Ridge, NY
- Spacial Dynamics Training, Mechanicville, NY
- Waldorf Teacher Training, Rudolf Steiner College, Sacramento, CA
- Waldorf Teacher Training, Waldorf Inst. of South Eastern Michigan
- BA Music & Sound Healing Studies Prescott College, Prescott, AZ
- Undergraduate Studies with a focus on Japanese Language & Culture, Michigan State University, Lansing Community College, Washtenaw Community College, Wayne State University
Peter Alexanian has taught fourth grade thorough eighth grade at the Oakland Steiner School. He has worked as a farm and garden educator for Green Meadow Waldorf School where he developed a gardening curriculum for grades six through eight. More recently becoming a parent has given him a whole new perspective on the ways parents and teachers can work together to support the growing child. As a teacher, Peter aims to exemplify interest in learning while creating a positive and mutually supportive learning environment.