Eighth Grade Teacher
Adrienne enjoys bringing her love of farming, gardening and outdoor education into the curriculum and supporting our working with the farmers on our land.
- Bachelor of Science. Grand Valley State College, Allendale, MI
- Waldorf Education from the Waldorf Institute of Mercy College, Detroit, MI
- Art at Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
- Sabbatical. Painting and Drawing at Rudolf Steiner College, California and Switzerland
- Sound Circle Eurythmy Training. Boulder, CO
- Nurturing the Roots Course. Dr. Adam Blanning, Nancy Blanning and Laurie Clark
- Class Teacher. Detroit Waldorf School, Detroit, MI
- Faculty Member. Waldorf Institute of the Great Lakes, Milwaukee, WI
- Faculty Chairperson. Detroit Waldorf School, Detroit, MI
- College Chairperson. Boulder Valley Waldorf School, Niwot, CO
Adrienne Chapman has been teaching in Waldorf Schools for thirty-four years. She taught at the Detroit Waldorf School where she took a class from grades 2-8, another class from grades 1-8, and for five years as a Middle School class teacher and subject teacher in art and math. She has since been a class teacher here at Boulder Valley Waldorf. This is Adrienne’s 14th year at BVWS! She has been with the present 8th Grade for all of their elementary years.
Adrienne also served on the faculty of the Waldorf Institute of the Great Lakes, offering prospective Waldorf teachers classes in art, anthroposophy, human development and the Waldorf curriculum. In addition, Adrienne has considerable experience in faculty administration: she served as Faculty Chairperson and College Chairperson at Detroit Waldorf School and at Boulder Valley for more than a decade. She has also been studied with Dr. Adam Blanning, Nancy Blanning and Laurie Clark in “Nurturing the Roots”. This is a three year advanced course to help Waldorf educators hone their observation skills as well as to bring therapeutic work to strengthen children in their schooling.
Adrienne lives outside of Lyons, Colorado. Adrienne loves to sing, swim, bike, go on backpack trips into the mountains, paint, garden, read poetry and do eurythmy. Her son, Oliver Chapman, was a Waldorf student and currently lives in Los Angeles and makes puppets for animated movies. Adrienne enjoys bringing her love of farming, gardening and outdoor education into the curriculum and supporting our working with the farmers on our land.