Parent-Child Teacher (Sweet-Pea Program)
Mindy’s lifelong quest is to nurture and embrace the magic of the early childhood years with love and attention to each individual child.
- Rudolf Steiner College.
- Early Childhood Education. SUNY
- Intensive Movement Theory Training with Betty Meredith Jones. New School for Social Research, Brentwood, NY
- Movement, Music, and Singing. Boston Conservatory of Music, Boston, MA
- Bothmer Gymnastic Training. Spring Valley, NY
- Owner & Director. BlueSky Preschool and Kindergarten, Boulder, CO
- Council of Advisors. The National Institute for Play, Carmel Valley, CA
- Adjunct Faculty Member. Naropa University, Boulder, CO
- Contributing Author. International Handbook of Education for Spirituality, Care and Wellbeing
Being a mother and teacher have been Mindy’s life and work. She feels extremely fortunate to have had the opportunity to spend many years in the presence of children in the “most magical and fascinating years of early childhood” as Owner and Director of BlueSky Preschool and Kindergarten since 1990.
Mindy began studying movement, music, and singing at Boston Conservatory of Music as an undergraduate. After these studies, she moved to the New School for Social Research and SUNY to begin early childhood training as well as intensive movement theory training with Betty Meredith Jones, a former student of Rudolf Laban. Then began Mindy’s research of Rudolf Steiner’s work, studying at Rudolf Steiner College and completing Bothmer Gymnastic Training in Spring Valley, New York.
Mindy appreciates and admires the many Waldorf teachers that have been her mentors, including Beth Sutton, creator of the Enki approach, Joan Almon, whom Mindy admires for her work and devotion to children all over the world, and Suzanne Down for her puppet mastery.
Mindy is presently on the council of advisors at The National Institute for Play, headed by Stuart Brown, author of Play: How it Shapes the Brain, Opens the Imagination, and Invigorates the Soul.
Mindy has also been an adjunct faculty member at Naropa University since 1980. Here, she mentors new instructors and teaches “Kindergarten Magic”, a hands on course in the practice and application of early childhood pedagogy. Mindy is one of the contributing authors of the International Handbook of Education for Spirituality, Care and Wellbeing, having written the chapter titled “Moment to Moment Spirituality in Early Childhood Education”. Mindy’s lifelong quest is to nurture and embrace the magic of the early childhood years with love and attention to each individual child.