5th Grade Teacher 2021-22
Sara believes it is a teacher’s responsibility to foster a child’s innate sense of curiosity and joy of life. By helping children develop successful strategies for learning and guiding them to feel proud of their accomplishments she knows they will expand their images of themselves as competent individuals open to life-long learning.
- Waldorf Teaching Training Program; The Waldorf Institute of Southern California
- Creative Writing Program; University of California, Los Angeles
- Master of Arts, Elementary Education: Elementary Education Teaching Credential; Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, CA
- Master of Arts: Museum Studies; University of Turin, Turin, Italy
- Bachelor of Arts: Art History; New York University, New York, NY
A global traveler, Sara Pironti, has taught across the world including in Argentina, China, Brazil and her native Italy. Most recently Sara has worked as the Math and Language Arts Specialist for 1st- 8th graders at the Westside Waldorf School in Pacific Palisades. She has taught in both public and private schools in Los Angeles in first through fifth grades, including a math/science/aerospace magnet school. Sara has created and implemented a homeschooling program with small groups of homeschooling children in the Santa Monica and Malibu areas.
Sara has worked in the education departments of various art museums from the Museum of Modern Art in Sydney, Australia to the Palazzo Grassi in Venice, Italy. She has also published two novels. Sara is fluent in French and Italian. Sara has a family with three sons. Together they share a passion for nature and the arts.